Gmail has agressive spam filters that can trap your wanted emails. Often website contact form submissions look like spam emails to Gmail because these emails come from a server rather than an email client. You can set up a Gmail spam filter to prevent this from happening.
The solution below will work if you configure the gravity forms “from” address to be noreply@ your domain. For example if your website was timsplumbing.com.au you would configure the “from” address in gravity forms to be “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Once this is done, simply follow these steps:
1. in gmail click the gear icon on the right and click settings
2. Click on “filters and blocked addresses”
3. Click “create a new filter”
4. in the “from” field add “noreply@[yourdomain.com]” so in the example above it would be “email@example.com”
5. Click continue
6. Tick the check box “never send to spam”
7. Click “save filter”