Google has created a mechanism for sharing ad account access. If you have an existing ad account and you are looking to get PPC management, then you will likely need to share access to your account.
Why You Should Share Account Access
Sharing your ad account with a digital marketing agency is a good idea, rather than just handing over the logins. This is because:
- You remain in control of your account (you can remove managers as you please).
- Other people don’t have access to your Google Account, where they could see private information such as your emails.
- If you have 2 Factor Authentication, you may get text messages or security alerts whenever the agency tries to log into your Google Account.
How to Share Access
- Go to ads.google.com and log into your account
- Click on tools / settings
- Go to “account access”
- Hit the blue plus sign
- Add in the email address you would like to share the account to
- Click on the level of access you would like to share (usually “admin” level)
- Click send invitation