The suite of Google tools available to business owners is growing. We regularly find that business owners have lost track of accounts and properties related to their website and business.
It really makes sense to consolidate all properties into one gmail account. Here are some of the benefits:
- You can combine data and share data across properties (for example, you can send analytics conversions into your ad account)
- You collect all data into one account over time, giving you a historical picture of visitors to your website, your search traffic and your Google business performance all in one place.
- If you ever sell your business, all your properties are in one place
What are the Main Google Properties to Keep Track of?
The main Google Properties are:
- Analytics: All visitor traffic to your website analytics.google.com
- Search Console: Keywords people are using to find your business and your performance in Google search google.com/webmasters
- Google My Business: The configuration and performance of your business listing in the Google Business directory business.google.com
- Google Ads: if you are running google ads, this is where your account should be set up. ads.google.com
- Google Tag Manager: A handy container you can install on your website where you can place all tracking code, pixels, remarketing tags etc (once installed, you wont have to add any other code to your website) tagmanager.google.com
- Data Studio: A place where you can combine all above data into one place to get a snapshot of overall performance datastudio.google.com
Sharing Access of Your Google Properties
You can share access to your properties using the following steps:
Sharing Admin Level Tag Manager Access
- Go to google.com.au and sign in using the account that is admin for the tag manger account.
- Go to tagmanager.google.com – you should see a list of all containers
- For the container you wish to share click on the three dots on the right hand side and select user management
- Click the blue plus sign
- Add the email and select Admin / Full level access
Sharing Admin Level Analytics Access
- Go to google.com.au and sign in using the account that is admin for Analytics
- Go to analytics.google.com – you should see your analytics property(ies)
- Click on the property you wish to share and then click “Admin” in the bottom left corner
- Click on “account user management”
- Click the blue plus sign and then click “add users”
- Add the email address you wish to share and grant full admin access
Sharing Admin Level Google Ads Access
- Go to google.com.au and sign in using the account that is admin for the Ad Account you wish to share
- Go to ads.google.com and if you have multiple ad accounts, select the ad account you wish to share
- Once you are in the account, click on “tools and settings” and then “ad account access” (under setup)
- Add the email address you wish to share the account to, click “admin level access” and then “send invitation”
Sharing Admin Level Google My Business Access
- Sign into your Google Account and go to https://business.google.com
- Click on the Google Business Profile (GBP) listing. It will take you to Google results page, with a panel of options to edit your listing.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of that panel.
- Select “Business Profile Settings”.
- Click on “Managers”.
- Click on “Add” and enter the email address you wish to share the account with
- Select the level of access as “Manager” and hit Invite.
Part of our SEO service is to help consolidate properties across all your accounts so that your data is more useful. If you rely on web traffic to your business in any capacity it is essential that you invest in ensuring all your properties are consolidated and gathering data for your business.